- The profile image on social channels is the single most important element of a corporate identity for a digital startup.
- Most profile images are circular so your brand mark (symbol or graphic) should ideally be circular too.
- In the analogue era, a great brand mark would be recognisable when printed on a pen or tie; nowadays it should be recognisable as a 16×16 pixel favicon.
- The company name logo typeface is most often dictated by the social channel template.
- While it is of course essential to have a company name logo design or official typeface; in the digital era, it is a less important element of brand recognition.
- The digital arena is noisy, a simple-but-powerful (less-is-more) approach will more likely make your brand mark standout.
- Your brand colours will combine with those of social channels, consider your identity palette accordingly.
- The cover page is an important online design element and will need to work on a range of devices – desktop, mobile and tablet – in a range of sizes on various social media channels.